After more than fifteen years working as an interpreter and translator (the last six of which have been in Cork), I have decided to make the move into the wider communications field.
As they say, a change is as good as a rest!
So far I have learned six different spoken and signed languages, but my first language, English, will always be my first love.
And so, I plan to take all the skills and qualities that I have developed as a language professional, such as…
- an ability to communicate clearly and effectively,
- excellent writing skills,
- a capacity to process and express complex information in user friendly terms,
- listening to and advocating for clients,
- being part of a team where everyone’s contribution is valued
and apply them to the public relations profession.
It seems to me to be the next logical step in my career.
I am passionate about efficient and ethical communication practices. I am a lifelong learner willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities. I work hard, and am committed to my clients.